Which time frame do you normally use to trade?

I have tried all time frame but I have not seen one that can increase my chances of winning in forex trade and that is the reason I want other trader to help, contribute idea if time frame can help to make more profit.

adil007

Then I think you should practice first if neither has increased your chances of winning and you must be opening your trades at wrong timing, however I use h1 and h4 time frames.

radex78

I think choose timeframe also will depending what style trading, scalping trader they use low timeframe 5 minute or 15 minute timeframe, but maybe different for intraday trader they might use 4 hour timeframe or 1 hour timeframe, swing trader maybe they use 4 hour and daily timeframe to analyze the trend and also to make plan trading, but position trader might they use daily and weekly timeframe and also look on monthly timeframe.

lysna

I combine M1&M5 for scalping at vinson financials, but want to use large timeframe for swing trades because my broker also has free swaps.

radex78

I am never trade scalping so rarely use 1 minute timeframe in my trades, usually I am work for long term plan trading or swing trading, so often I am use 4 hour timeframe and daily timeframe to analyze the market, but all decision then will look on 15 or 5 minute timeframe.

I mostly trade on daily time frame. My day job is such that I remain busy during day time, so I only have time to analyze the daily charts with ease. I do that after a daily candle is formed and make instant trades or place pending orders.

radex78

I am also often trade with swing trading strategy and usually will look on weekly timeframe then daily timeframe also hourly timeframe, I like with swing trading because not always monitoring account everytime, ever my order opened without monitoring few day trading but still in consideration my risk level, sometime I am use hedging stop loss.

radex78

All timeframe is important I think, we will get different information if we look monthly timeframe then weekly timeframe, daily time frame to lower timeframe, but use timeframe also need to adjusted with plan trading I think, if we as scalping maybe use 15 minute is better choice, but if we work as intraday trading we can use at least 1 hour timeframe.

radex78

Scalping trader which they usually will work for short time plan, I think they will choose low timeframe like as 5 minute and 15 minute, also certain trader use 1 minute timeframe, scalping trader is very active trader which on daily they can make trades more than ten order or more.

Scalpers or day-traders can look to grade or evaluate trends on the hourly chart; and can then look for entry opportunities on the 5, or 15 minute time frames. The one minute time frame is also an option, but extreme caution should be used as the variability on the one-minute chart can be very random and difficult to work with. Once again, traders can use a variety of triggers to initiate positions once the trend has been determined.

radex78

I am as swing trader usually I am use daily timeframe to analyze the major trend and look on 1 hour timeframe to looking for area to open trades and also use support and resistance area which this also I am use to put my stop loss and target.

I actually make use of different time frames on different trading sessions. However, if you're asking for a regular time frame ( with no major events or not for scalping ), H4 and D1 are my favorite time frames,,, the great feelings is that, with CMTrading broker, I can make custom timeframe for my own trading :)

radex78

I am use timeframe from daily , weekly , and often use 1 hour timeframe to determine my entry point, usually I am work as swing trader because I am treat forex as part time business and not always I can monitoring account all the time, but maybe scalping trader they prefer use 15 minute timeframe or 5 minute timeframe.

I like to trade with a very short-term approach, it’s advisable for a trader to first get comfortable with a longer-term, and swing-trading approach before moving down to the very fast time frames. But, once a trader is comfortable there, it’s time to start building out the strategy.

radex78

I like to trade with a very short-term approach, it’s advisable for a trader to first get comfortable with a longer-term, and swing-trading approach before moving down to the very fast time frames. But, once a trader is comfortable there, it’s time to start building out the strategy.
Short term trading for me make stress and I can't do something else if work as scalping or short term trading, I am prefer trade as intraday trader or swing trader than scalping, with long term plan I can leaving order without monitoring for few days.

Depending on only one time frame is not proper way of trading. Traders should do their technical analysis based on higher time frames. They may use all higher time frames to track market trend. According to my research, I got a number of professional Forex traders mainly use D1 time frame, that’s way; I always try to find out my entry point (final conformation only) here.

I mostly prefer using longer time frame like 4h or perhaps daily, but that’s till I am focusing on long term trading, if I wish to do short term then I reduce it to 15-30 minutes frame, it’s something better and gives us signals that we can ride for making quick profits without much problems.