ebay now accepting moneybookers as alternative to paypal

ebay has now added moneybookers as an alternative payment processor to paypal in buying and selling of ebay products.
Due to the inclusion of moneybookers, many countries have been added to ebay. The countries added are those that are not accepted by paypal but are accepted by moneybookers.

Andi21

This development is good for a lot of countries and it will also help moneybookers to get more members and that more exchangers will accept. Ebay is using it now, and therefore Moneybookers will grow very fastly.

zapper

Always, i felt that PayPal and MoneyBookers have many things in common, except for the fact that MB lets you gamble. This is a good news, since we can make purchases directly from Moneybookers instead of Paypal. But i guess it might take forever or may never happen that eBay introduces LR option...

I was so happy today:) , I registerd a moneybooker account and an ebay account immediately I discovered this.
when next I earn in my paypal, I will exchange it to moneybookers so as to be able to buy products from ebay and have it shipped to Nigeria.
I can now finally buy things cheaply online :) :)

Can anyone tell me what fee MB charges when we pay through it, to ebay.
ACtually I checked the MB site there written [1% upto 0.68$] I coundn't understand it.
I wonder who will do online shopping of worth 1$ or less.
WEll I have to pay 200$ to a seller on ebay. I dont know how much fee MB will charge.

Farooq said:
Can anyone tell me what fee MB charges when we pay through it, to ebay.
ACtually I checked the MB site there written [1% upto 0.68$] I coundn't understand it.
I wonder who will do online shopping of worth 1$ or less.
WEll I have to pay 200$ to a seller on ebay. I dont know how much fee MB will charge.
On MB site it says:
"What does it cost to send money?
Our regular fee is 1% (up to € 0.50) per Transfer. Additional fees may apply depending on your account status. "
up to € 0.50=up to $0.68
"Are there transaction limits?
Depending on your user status, there may be a transaction limit set on sending money. You may check the limit currently available to you at any time:
======================================================
Go to: 'My Account' > 'View limits'.."

If you want to pay $200 then transaction fee will be $0.68

maxcool

Thats good also for avoiding the paypal monopoly.... some times i think the paypal fees (for sellers) are kind of high.... lets see if this competition can lower the fees.

new22

I dont know where is 1% fee but I found this

MONEYBOOKERS FEES

MONTHLY SALES PRICE PER TRANSACTION
$0.00 - $3,000.00 2.9% + $0.29
$3,000.01 - $10,000.0 2.4% + $0.29
$10,000.01 - $100,000.00 2.1% +$0.29
> $100,000.00 1.9% + $0.29
which is exactly same fees as domestic payment of paypal

so I guess 1% should be for personal transfer which in this case paypal is free

Last edited:
Tybridges07 said:
I was so happy today:) , I registerd a moneybooker account and an ebay account immediately I discovered this.
when next I earn in my paypal, I will exchange it to moneybookers so as to be able to buy products from ebay and have it shipped to Nigeria.
I can now finally buy things cheaply online :) :)
I am also a Nigerian. So tell me how you were able to successfully sign up on MB. Because it didn't accept my location. Cheers

@Xzikob, I registered there the normal way we register a paypal account from another country since ebay is not primarily concerned about the location you are using in moneybookers. the most important thing is that due to the inclution of moneybookers other countries including Nigeria are now accepted in ebay.

Forumtech

That's a great improvement they have made. There was a time, i wanted to register in Ebay but due to the fact that they are using Paypal, it wasn't successful to me. Now they have added Moneybookers, i will try it again. Tybridge that's a good info.

@Tybridges07,
so which country did you use? And how will you upload money, and does it mean that one has to change his ip to that of the country he chose? Thanks so much.

@Xzikob, use any country of your choice and as for the funding of moneybookers you will have to either work online and get paid in moneybookers or you will exchange funds from another digital currency(DGC) to moneybookers (eg Liberty Reserve to MoneyBookers) using online exchangers.

Tybridges07 said:
@Xzikob, use any country of your choice and as for the funding of moneybookers you will have to either work online and get paid in moneybookers or you will exchange funds from another digital currency(DGC) to moneybookers (eg Liberty Reserve to MoneyBookers) using online exchangers.
I think it is not smart to exchange Liberty reserve or other e-currency for MB,because MB does not allow exchanging.You can lose your MB account.Better solution is to fund your MB account using Visa or other card...

@Ivica'80, Using virtual visa cards to load MoneyBookers will be too expensive. eg Some Vcc merchants sell $25 vcc for $40.
So it is advicable to do an exchange. Moneybookers is not as strict as paypal so you will have little chances of getting caught.

Tybridges07 said:
@Ivica'80, Using virtual visa cards to load MoneyBookers will be too expensive. eg Some Vcc merchants sell $25 vcc for $40.
So it is advicable to do an exchange. Moneybookers is not as strict as paypal so you will have little chances of getting caught.
I didn't mean on Virtual visa card,I meant something different.I have Visa internet card in my country.It looks as normal Visa,but it is used only for internet purposes.It has it's own bank account and you can fund it in bank.I use it in my MB account.

That means that moneyBookers is about to go "paypalish". I will tell you, soon they will change their TOS, and they will become more and more paypal like. I believe that ecurrencies that are not enough like the old days of egold and now libertyreserve and start getting accepted by US companies, they will slowly get regulated. Government should not get involved with HYIPs look what happened with GeniusFunds, Egold, 12x12 Daily Pro!

Well it's always good to have more processors and more choice for people..They should use LR too that would bring in even more customers don't you think? :love: