What is CTR in Google SEO Ranking Factor?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Liton Roy, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Liton Roy

Liton Roy New Member

I want to know about CTR in Google SEO Ranking Factor?

2. seovidya

seovidya Member

Click-through rate measures the number of people who click a link against the total number of people who had the opportunity to do so. So if a link to your website appears as a listing on a search engine results page (SERP), and 20% of people who view that SERP click your link, then your CTR in that case is 20%.

3. Raveneyes

Raveneyes Member

CTR makes logical sense to be used as a ranking factor and I think most of us all thought that it was a factor even if it wasn’t explicitly spelled out.

4. zuan

zuan New Member

As far as I know, it is not even a widely accepted idea as being a definite ranking factor (for example, PageRank is accepted as one). Industry experts and journalists can't even get Google make a direct comment about CTR being a ranking factor.

5. arjunrishi

arjunrishi New Member

Click-through rate measures the number of people who click a link against the total number of people who had the opportunity to do so. So if a link to your website appears as a listing on a search engine results page (SERP), and 20% of people who view that SERP click your link, then your CTR in that case is 20%.