Invest but a diversified investment please

Discussion in 'Investment Strategies' started by demeanor, Feb 17, 2010.

1. demeanor

demeanor Banned

hi there !! buddies

Invest but please make sure that you always diversify your investment in multiple sectors so that you can be on safe side in atleast one sector

2. zapper

zapper Active Member

True. You have to also know where to invest beforehand and learn how not to fall into some wrong HYIP traps. So, learn how to pick the good ones and learn which ones are the best and try to determine the life of the HYIP using their past performances... Also, it is pointless to invest equal amounts in all the HYIPs in the HYIP market in the name of diversification, as it is true that more than 95% of the HYIPs on the internet are scams.

3. amazinggrace

amazinggrace Active Member

That is what we are trying to do mainly..Investing in the more secure HYIPS and then taking out the roi from those in order to grow and diversify our investments..I usually concentrate on one or two new funds a week.

4. DoublePaid

DoublePaid Active Member

we have discuss about this matter a lot of time, and ofc we do this my friend :) don't worry :)
    i have read many diversify topics and found a good point in difersify, like what zapper had mentioned,

"it is pointless to invest equal amounts in all the HYIPs in the HYIP market in the name of diversification"

i'm fully agree with this statement. and we once call this difersification strategy as a "Smart Diversification" (i know there's a thread about this in community discussion, but i just can't find it)

we must list our selected HYIP from the best to the worst candidate, then invest the biggest portion to the best one (no more than 20%) and the portion keep lowered and lowered till the bottom list. that's how it goes. and trust me, this will helped you to minimize your loss a lot.

5. demeanor

demeanor Banned

thanks zapper for the valuable information.. yes u are true

6. luke1

luke1 Banned

That is a must.. I can say, 99% of HYIP is scam.. You can make profit, but won't be forever on HYIP..

7. Acisclo

Acisclo New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, i decide to invest in a new market, firsable i had to be sure of the market stability and them take risk..

8. djai

djai Active Member

it is correct to say that don't invest in HYIP's equally in name of diversification,
    i usually divide the investment into high and low risk
    keep 70 % funds in low risk and 20% in high risk and dividing further in those divisions. and keep 10 % cash for investing in new funds when they come up.

9. demeanor

demeanor Banned

hey...thats a very nice strategy to invest... I really liked the concept..

10. standart

standart Member

Yes I agree, principle "don't put your money in one basket" applicable in HYIP world

11. nanoextreme

nanoextreme Member

That is 100% true and I apsolutelly agree with you.
    BUT there are already few threads with same content,so it is best to close this thread,it will become thread for post chasing. :D

12. amna

amna New Member

Yeah! correct. These day when there is so much of technology used and people are so aware of their trades and also markets are so sensitive, it is important to balance our portfolios and trade wisely. Diversification is the best way to minimize risk and play safely. therefore i would also go with your advice and would say.....

All the Best.

13. zapper

zapper Active Member

This is a brilliant strategy. You are doing good. But also remember that you need to spend more time monitoring your investments as you diversify your investments. Unfortunately, out of the 24 hours in the day, you may have to find some extra time in order to manage a massive portfolio. But limited number of investments with no intent of trying luck out can be good at times.

14. djai

djai Active Member

thank you for the kind comments :)
    time is required to maintain and monitor the portfolio each day. and i have found out that it is much easier and less time consuming if you have all the data in one place for all your investments. so each day i am required to spend roughly 20 mins a day view and make a decision on the portfolio and some times even less.
    with the help of excel it is very easy.
    totally agreed limited number of investments can be good at times and for some people most of the time :thumbsup:

15. aditigupta

aditigupta Member

Yes it is true a diversified portfolio helps to manage to risk and returns in a better manner. As at the time of market crisis or when some sectors are not performing well then sectors which are performing well will compensate the loss caused by under performing stocks in your portfolio.