How much should I start investing with?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategies' started by NPerez, Jul 13, 2005.

1. peterg

peterg Senior Investor

Forget everything else.
    Back to the the original question: How much should I start investing with ?

The actual amount is totally irrelevant: IT IS THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT YOU ARE FULLY PREPARED TO LOSE

That's all. It doesn't matter if it is $1 or $1000

Believe me.... :(

2. anamishi

anamishi New Member

A suggestion

NPerez--

While you're saving to invest, I would suggest making a list of 20 programs that you are interested in. Make note of all of their minimum investment requirements, add them together and make that your savings goal. By the time you are ready to invest at least 70% of the programs on your list will have folded. Invest half of the money you saved equally between the rest of the programs on your list. Save the other half for later.

Good luck.

3. Truly

Truly Banned

Glad that you have got started!
    If you want to try, do it now!
    Actually you are not alone!
    Most of us here are on the same boat with you: accumulating funds - that is, from the present point ($10s or $100s) to where we could have $Ks to invest.

This isnt a short process, we have to pay the lessons.

4. Trinary

Trinary Member

Exactly like tudi said, we're trying to accumulate funds right now...

5. aditigupta

aditigupta Member

The capital which is required to begun with investment depends on investors risk bearing capability and what returns he is expecting from the market. Investors should analyze these parameters and accordingly invest as per their risk bearing capability.

6. bigshow

bigshow Member

I guess we should only invest that sum of money which we can afford to loose..

7. Investment amount should be decieded according to capacity of the traders. How much money should you invest is totally depends on your risk handling capabilities.

8. priya rajput

priya rajput Member

There is no money compulsion for investing in stock market. You can start from even 100 rupees and if you want to do 1000 more. Before investing in the investment, the market needs to know well.

9. Aarna singh

Aarna singh Member

Traders should not invest the complete account in one go. By this strategy they can make some amount,if they face any lose.

ADVERTISING DELETED

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  10. Guramu

Guramu New Member

I believe that before investing your money, you should study the project well, get acquainted with the people with whom you want to cooperate and check the company where you want to invest. Now you can find out all the necessary information on the Internet, for example here https://datapo.com/en-us/ . I would not recommend investing the last money. I believe that you need to invest the money that you have allocated for this.

11. Aarna singh

Aarna singh Member

Making investment in market is not very difficult. However, earning from the same is difficult. If you wish to invest some amount, then you should have complete knowledge about market.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
  12. ron.kotka

ron.kotka New Member

You should start with a small capital.
    See the market trends and see how it works so that you can gain experience and exposure.
    I think the biggest factor in how much you should invest is answered by how much can you afford to lose.

13. Guramu

Guramu New Member

I think that everything depends on your financial situation, as well as on the project in which you want to invest money. We recently expanded the business. We wanted to open an office in New York. I realized that I cann't handle this alone, so I hired professionals ADVERTISING DELETED. It required a little more money than I expected, so my investments were more than I used to, but I invested money in my business, which will bring a lot of profit. I wouldn't invest so much money in someone else's project.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
  14. Aarna singh

Aarna singh Member

As per trading experience I would suggest to invest the amount which you can affort to loss. Because drastic changes takes place in market and the stocks performance are affected by this, which can also leads to great loss.