Flood in Republic of Srpska

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by sinip, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

As you have probably heard by now, the most of the ex-Yugoslavia region was hit by major floods that claimed a number of lives in Serbia, Croatia and Republic of Srpska. The exact number is still unknown. One of the worst hit cities are my city - Doboj in Republic of Srpska and Obrenovac in Serbia.

Here's the gallery of the flood's aftermath pictures from my city, starting from one of the bridges and going forward into the most affected areas - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...90553911425.1073741871.100000614637009&type=1 It is rather large but you'll certainly "get the picture."

Our Government has opened up special page for PayPal donations - http://www.vladars.net/eng/Pages/paypal.aspx so I'd like to ask you, if you're able, to donate any amount you can. Every little bit helps. Also, if you don't mind, please spread the PayPal donation page among your friends.

And in the end, jeFF, would you mind putting some banner linked to that PayPal page somewhere in the forum and/or sending some kind of newsletter to the forum members with the donation plea?

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  2. jeFF

jeFF Super Moderator

I've put this message as sticked. Let's hope for the best.

3. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

Thank you very much!

Here's the site where people can find all the necessary information as well:

http://helpsrpska.com/

[​IMG]

4. Decub

Decub Active Member

Followed the news to some extent before I ran short of adequate time to get subsequent details. However, I commiserate with the government and people of the affected regions.

After going through the page, it became obvious that those that can make donations are only those within the 193 PayPal accepted countries. Don't know how far the suggestion can go but if possible, there should also be provisions for direct payment through credit card or perhaps, other payment systems that would cover a wider audience since it's more of individual donations.

May the souls of the departed be accepted in the bossom f the Lord.

5. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

Well if you go to the "Helpsrpska" page you'll see that ther are both PayPal and Bank Wire options for money transfers. Though for small amounts PayPal is much better since Bank Wire fees might end up quite high.

6. mobillinc

mobillinc New Member

thanks so much

7. expedien

expedien New Member

thanks lot..

8. karan_1128

karan_1128 New Member

The news is pretty saddening. :(

9. kaice

kaice Member

I am so sad dear friend sinip to hear that on your city and hope that there are less damages . And i really wish i can donate but the problem is i cant have paypal account as my country forbidden to. Wish i can help your city.

10. Allison doe

Allison doe New Member

srpska ..... is it russian for Serbia??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.