blogger vs wordpress

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by hamzakhankhan, May 23, 2013.

1. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

for free blogging which one is the best.and also which one is easy to approve for adsense.

2. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

Wordpress is better and has more features. Adsense approval has nothing to do with a type of blogging platform used. It has everything to do with the content of a site.

3. cashspot

cashspot Member

Google has a rule that your blog should not contain PTC links because if you have that then your blog will not be eligible to earn from adsense. So I think that it lessens our earning potential. Anyway, no wonder lots of people use wordpress than blogspot, blogspot seems bland in appearance to me.

4. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

i use blogger.and it has a earn tab through which u can apply easily for adsense while i think wordpress would have not.
    u said that wordpress is better.is there any special features.

5. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

Wordpress is fully customisable with a lot of skins, plugins for pretty much anything and you can make it look like real web site. You can't really compare Wordpress and Blogger platforms.

6. cashspot

cashspot Member

With Blogger, haven't you noticed that they have the same layout as compared to Wordpress that has more varied skins? I also don't like that Blogspot records how many blog entries that you have created, even if you deleted your blog already.

7. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

ok.it means that wordpress is really good.i will try it.
    Blogger gives u .com domain on 1$ does workpess also gives .com domian

8. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

You can host your Wordpress blog on www.wordpress.com and then you'll get a subdomain like yourblog.wordpress.com or you can buy .com domain for $8.50 or so a year.

9. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

i will buy it on wordpress site or on other domain provider and what is payment method to buy domain.

10. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

At Wordpress site you'll get subdomain for free. At other places you can usually buy the domain by credit card, PayPal, or at some places even using Payza or Liberty Reserve.

11. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

so it means that wordpress donot give .com domian at money.u have to buy from domain provider.
    I have saw same wordpress webstites design like professional sites.is it easy to design wordpress blog.do they have some tools.

12. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

Again, if you host your site at wordpress.com you will get free subdomain like yoursite.wordpress.com but if you want to host your site elsewhere then you might need to buy a domain. Is it clear now? Regarding Wordpress, you can find many books and video tutorials online, which will help you set up your Wordpress blog.

13. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

its clear.but how will i design my site by a freelancer.and how much will it cost.

14. sinip

sinip Super Moderator

You can do it yourself or you can pay someone to do it. Look at www.freelancer.com for instance.

15. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

i think for myself it would be a more difficult but i will learn something through youtube or ebooks etc.i have just created a blog and now i am going to design it.
    Thanks for your cooperation sinip

16. Estiva

Estiva Member

If you are not doing the serious blogging then wordpress or blogger is good, otherwise get your own domain and make it serioous with your writing or other portfolio stuff. as a freelancer that is what i am doing for quite some time now.

17. hamzakhankhan

hamzakhankhan Member

serious blogging for me is impossible at this time.do u have any openion for me to become professional web designer in less time.

18. betsybee

betsybee Super Moderator

The topic of this thread is blogger vs wordpress, not web design :(

19. josesmeth

josesmeth New Member

Blogger and Wordpress these both are good but i think Wordpress is better compare the Blogger. I love the features of wordpress, it is easy to use and understand.

20. cfoservices

cfoservices New Member

Well, for blogging I support wordpress easy and user friendly platform with nice templates and themes and plugins that help a blogger to maintain his blog effectively.